Monday, June 18, 2012

PDX

Hello everyone!
I'm sitting here at PDX airport in Portland, OR and I just witnessed something that I feel the need to share.

As I sat here, awaiting my flight, a little girl starts screaming, "MOMMA!" at the top of her lungs.
The woman next to me goes, "Good Lord! Someone get that child to shut up!"
As I turn around I see the girl run into the arms of her mother dressed in her Military uniform.

I looked at the woman, already tired of the rudeness of people, and I said,

"Look at that girls mother. I can tell you that this moment, the little girl will treasure for a lifetime. I myself have been through this situation twice. You have no idea the pain that child has gone through. Please take this as a learning experience. Not just the soldiers serve, us families do too."

So people who've read this, please understand that us military kids, are forced to grow up fast, and that moment when we see our loved one for the first time in a long time, we let out guard down and become a child for five minutes.

~Delaney

No comments:

Post a Comment