Thursday, August 23, 2012

A little catch-up.

I haven't posted for quite a while, and that would obviously be because I got busy.

For two weeks I was at Operation Purple Camp. With this experience, I got to be a counselor for children growing up in a military family. I myself coming from one took this experience to heart. Especially since I was once a camper at that very camp.

Then I moved on up north to Alaska.

In Alaska, I went to the Region 10 Military Youth Symposium with the Oregon Military Teen Panel. We go to meet other Teen Panels from Idaho, Washington, and of course, Alaska. We exchanged ideas on what each state does for their Military Youth, got to get involved a bit with an organization called AK Pride, and did quite a few fun activities.

I have to say, hiking through the Alaskan wilderness was an amazing opportunity.

To wrap up this entry, I just finished the County Fair a few weeks ago. It was very successful in my view. I did very well in livestock judging, showmanship, and conformation on my animal. I show lambs, and I took 2nd in my conformation class, and 3rd in my showmanship class.

I look forward to State Fair here in a few weeks.

Have a great day!
Delaney

No comments:

Post a Comment